Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My world has changed

The world that I lived in when I started writing years ago has changed. I've been through so much and I've lived through so much and because of that my writing has changed. I write darker things, things that mean something to me. It lets me breathe when I see it on the screen in black and white. It takes that darkness inside me and lessens it. It doesn't help much, but just enough for to be keep going another day. With that said, here is a snippet of the newest original fic that I'm working on. As always, the characters are based on people I know with my life intertwined in their stories. I hope you like it as much as I've grown from writing it.
Chris stared down at the razor blade in his hand, his tears blurring his vision. He inhaled a shallowly and swallowed back the bile that was trying to choke him.
He looked up into the mirror and blinked away the tears. He could still hear his mother's words, the insults and hate that had fell from the lips of the woman he had always loved.
He blinked, his eyes squeezing shut tightly until lights flashed behind his eyes. He hadn't chose this, he wasn't a mistake. He was himself and he just wanted to be happy.
Some times letting go seemed so easy, seemed like the best choice. He looked back down at the blade and turned it in his hand. His chest tightened as he heard the sound of his parent's voices coming up the stairs. He could hear their screams and not for the first time he wanted it to end. He wanted to feel like he belonged.
Before he could even really second guess himself the blade was on his wrist. He hissed as the sharp edge spread his skin wide. The darkness shocked him and he found himself watching it as it rolled over the edge of his wrist and dripped to the floor. He was so enraptured by the site that he didn't feel the heaviness in his head, the way his knees turned to jello until he was falling. He gasped out in pain as his knees slammed into the tile floor.
The last thing he saw was the bright red color of his life spreading over the white tile floor.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written with so much emotion bb! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete